|Title:||2023 Supply Chain Internship - Braselton, GA|
|Date Posted:||Jan 20, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Various|
|Shift:||Begins Summer 2024|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
• Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
• 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
o Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
• Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
o Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
• Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
• 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Internship position within Supply Chain is a paid, 10-week program held annually each Summer. The Intern will help support day-to-day operations, as well as various projects & initiatives from our Distribution Centers. The Intern will also be responsible for helping develop, implement & enhance current processes to improve our overall Distribution Center operational quality & efficiencies. This includes participating in & providing detailed feedback on special Operation’s projects throughout our Hub and DC locations. The work performed by the Intern will be highly visible to leadership & have a direct impact on the organization.
Typical assignments/projects will involve the following areas: Shipping, Receiving, Inventory Control, Replenishment, Transportation, Engineering, Manufacturing. The duties & responsibilities of the Internship are designed to further prepare the incumbent for a successful career in Supply Chain Management & Operations. Interns will gain exposure to innovative best practices throughout the facility via departmental rotations with related projects & insights designed for each area.
Additionally, this position will be tasked to look at our current processes of productivity throughout the facility & help develop related reporting, communication & efficiencies.
Successful candidates will have an opportunity to move into full-time positions after the Internship.
The Supply Chain Internship position is located in the following locations: Olive Branch, MS, Dallas, TX, City of Industry, CA, Claremont, NC, Litchfield Park, AZ, Braselton, GA, South Brunswick, NJ.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
• Partner with Operation’s Leadership Team to improve profiling in the building
• Evaluate various direct processes (mod and off-line) & develop tools to optimize, measure & report productivity
• Assist with creating process control & training documents
• Develop & publish reports on productivity & quality
• Attend Operational Meetings
• Make recommendations to improve operational efficiencies in all areas of the Distribution Center
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
• Currently enrolled upcoming Senior or recent graduate (most recent semester) in a Supply Chain, Logistics or Operational Business concentration
• Have analytical capability
• Ability to communicate all facets of the business
• Be well organized with attention to detail
• Advanced experience in MS office, Access Database experience is a plus
• Ability to develop & deliver effective presentations
Previous Summer Intern Projects:
• Profiling & Picking Optimization
• Labor Management (tracking & reporting)
• Velocity Analysis
• Velocity Analysis
• Professional development & social programming is an integral part of your internship experience to understand our culture.
• This position is the primary path for consideration into Williams-Sonoma upon graduation & is based on overall program performance.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
• Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
• 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
• Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits