|Date Posted:||Aug 4, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Andres Jimenez|
|Shift:||Day Shift: Monday-Thursday 6:00am-4:30pm or Weekend Shift: Friday-Sunday 6:00am-6:30pm|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma - Claremont, NC
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2023, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ® and Forbes Best Employers for Diversity, honors which reflect that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Final Inspector position is located in Claremont, NC.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Cutting all strings and detailing the whole piece of furniture.
- Assure ticket and fabric are correct with the frame piece.
- Inspect overall appearance to include standing back and visually checking
- Complete final inspection to include, but not limited to, all seams are sewn straight, no dropped stitches, no puckered fabric, no fabric defects visible, cushion corners even side to side with tailoring correct, cushions & backs filled out correctly and fit the piece, no lumps or cat tracks, assure all welt is straight and even.
- Assure all deck labels are in the correct location
- Take photos of each piece for tracking quality issues
- Other duties assigned by manager.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Up to 3 years of experience in the quality control area with specific experience in an upholstered furniture manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in using computers for tracking and updating kit location for customer service.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements.
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to frequently lift bundles of approximately 50-75 lbs.
- Ability to bend and twist.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts Community Service Program, and Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com