|Title:||Lead Merch Processor (Work Leader)|
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Our Southeast Distribution Center is seeking to add a Lead Merch Processor (Work Leader) with a focus on teamwork and customer service.
The Distribution Center opened in April 2016 and is still adding new team members as we grow.
We handle mostly furniture at this location and operate a Home Delivery Team out of the facility as well.
The position is non-exempt, daytime shift 6:00am – 2:30pm Monday -Friday with overtime as required
- Establish and promote work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates.
- Utilize Williams Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities including guidance to other associates and departments.
- Share business information with teammates through floor presence, suggest improvements to current techniques.
- Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture through the company. Maintain a clean and safe work environment by communicating safety topics and conducting safety audits.
- Work cooperatively and harmoniously with manager, co-workers, and others.
- Train and direct a team of associates to achieve departmental and division production goals to provide customers with the ultimate delivery experience.
- Control the workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to teammates, peers and manager by using departmental resources.
- Coordinate team assignments by balancing resources as the volume requires.
- Provide training, productivity reporting, and feedback to any errors made by the team daily.
- Work closely with management in the daily operations for the department.
- Close loads in PKMS/HUBWM and minimize revenue recognition percentage.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of experience in distribution, manufacturing or retail environment. In lieu of distribution, manufacturing or retail environment experience, 5 years of progressive work experience.
- 2 years of experience working with a warehouse management system.
- Proficiency in working with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Ability to multitask and be detailed while performing all tasks and reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Excellent attendance.
- Ability to lift to 65 pounds with or without accommodation.
- 1-year forklift experience
- College degree or certificate in logistics, distribution or manufacturing
- 4 years of supervisory experience in distribution or manufacturing environment
Equal Opportunity Employer