|Title:||HR Assistant - Bilingual Spanish|
|Location:||South Brunswick, NJ|
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
1st Shift; Sunday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm
The Human Resources assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the NJ human resources department and contributes to special projects within the eastern region and supply chain operation.
- Interacts with associates in a professional and pleasant manner to answer administrative questions related to pay, policies and procedures, and/or distribute work related documents, materials, and information.
- Manage and process HR transactions including new hires, terminations, job and personal data changes, organizational changes, employee verifications and pre-employment screenings
- Coordinates and assists with the new hire process, including assisting and ensuring new hires properly complete on-boarding paperwork, submitting and processing paperwork with appropriate persons, creating new employee files, and coordinating orientation.
- Performs general administrative functions including, but not limited to, generating reports, maintaining employee files, processing changes to employee records in HRMS systems and appropriate persons, completing logs and checklists, processing required forms and worksheets, and maintaining HR data, forms, and documents
- Coordinates communication materials regarding facility and/or company information and/or announcements
- Works with associates and managers to assist with the planning, communicating, and tracking of company-wide special events throughout the year.
- Higher education (bachelor/associate degree) preferred.
- 2 years of previous Human Resources experience required: proficiency in HRIS and timekeeping systems
- Proficiency at the intermediate level in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and extra hours as needed
- MUST have ability to maintain confidentiality and work independently
We utilize Williams-Sonoma's Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments.
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.