|Title:||Operations Manager - DC|
|Shift::||Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
About Williams Sonoma - Tracy, CA
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Operations Manager - DC is responsible for leading and developing their own team of Williams-Sonoma Associates with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching.
The Operations Manager - DC position is located in Tracy, CA.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Lead, guide and direct hourly associates to meet or exceed operational goals, as well as monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling, and development; and use Key Performance Indicators to make ongoing improvements and enhancements
- Accountable for maintaining integrity for on-time shipments, people utilization, damages; provide periodic reports to multiple tiers within the organization, ensuring accurate communication
- Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Directing and ensuring top service for internal/external customers
- Developing performance goals and objectives to ensure accuracy, quality and customer expectations are met
- Maintain health and safety standards within the distribution center and promote a positive health and safety culture onsite
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily, weekly, monthly, and peak season labor schedules
- Achieving financial plans and budget objectives
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum 5 + years of direct employee management in distribution or manufacturing.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (written or verbal), with excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Ability to manage and motivate employees with responsibility in inventory control, material handling, packaging, shipping and receiving and customer deliveries.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Driven and self-motivated, with sound reasoning, judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement initiatives using data-driven techniques such as performance metrics or Lean techniques.
- Warehouse Management System experience
- Strong technical skills included but not limited to Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Master’s Degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field is strongly preferred
- Management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Exposure to furniture distribution and/or big box distribution is a plus
- Strong understanding of Safety and OSHA standards
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to successfully respond to urgent situations.
- Familiar with Labor Law compliance regarding hiring, performance management and termination
- Six Sigma/lean experience preferably in a distribution/warehouse environment
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com