|Title:||Mfg Specialist (Tufting)|
Primary Job Function/Duties:
20-50% of time spent hand tufting inside upholstery. Balance of time will be spent as floater performing various other tasks which include but are not limited to: cushion / back fill, assisting in dining room chair upholstery, trim or bed line.
· Pre-tuft both fabric and leather as needed to complete schedule requirements for upholstery.
· Assist with upholstery duties such to include but not limited to, building, and repair.
· Other duties as assigned, to include cushion/back fill.
· Up to 5 years experience in upholstery and/or trim.
· Tufting of fabric and leather experience a plus.
· Good attention to detail and ability to work with hands
· Experience in reading and understanding production tickets
· Ability to interpret simple upholstery instructions commonly placed in an upholstery manual
· Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
· Good communication skills – oral and written
· Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
· Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision
· Ability to frequently lift frames weighing approximately 75 lbs
· Ability to stand for 10 hour periods and bend and twist as required to upholster furniture
· Ability to see patterns on fabrics and color variations
Associates desiring to be considered for this position must:
1. Meet minimum job qualifications.
2. Must sign the back of the bid in the binder located in the Human Resources department.
3. Meet eligibility requirements (non-exempt associates must be in their current position for six months (6) and exempt associates for twelve (12) months before applying for a posted position).
4. Associates must be performing satisfactorily in their current position.
5. Successfully complete a pre-employment physical