|Title:||General Operations Manager -DC|
|Shift::||Monday -Friday 8:00am-5:00pm|
About Williams Sonoma - Tracy, CA
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The General Operations Manager maintains full operational responsibility for all distribution and transportation operations.
The General Operations Manger- DC position is located in Tracy, CA
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Stay ahead of a 20% year over the year growth rate
- Provide consistency and reliability in the distribution processes
- Provide superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships working cross organizationally toward solutions; excellent leadership and consensus-building skills
- Drive continuous improvement in productivity, cost control, service, inventory accuracy, housekeeping and safety
- Be responsible for achieving efficiency and production objectives consistent with quality requirements
- Ability to develop, monitor, and achieve financial plans and budgets
- Manage projects to aggressive timelines and dollar constraints
- Manage and develop systems, processes, and procedures to maintain inventory accuracy
- Proficient in WMS systems and how they relate to inventory control and accurate
- Utilize Williams-Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities while maintaining required accuracy percentages, metrics, and quality standards
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or related area
- 6-8 years management experience (10-12 in lieu of degree) with a progressive track record of increasing responsibility in distribution, logistics or manufacturing environment
- Experience managing a large exempt workforce required; Proven proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects, etc.)
- Exceptional ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations to all levels
We prefer some of these qualities as well…. (optional)
- Master’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field
- Previous Supply Chain Logistics, Transportation, or Engineering experience
- Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing expertise
- A wide range of logistics experience which may include start-ups, business turnarounds, expansion, new technologies, and equipment additions
- Change management including products and process
- Experience with the implementation and execution of final mile home delivery solutions. Specifically, the preparation and delivery of high-quality furniture to a customer's home and/or to retail locations.
- Ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must – an expert in Microsoft Excel essential
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com