About Williams Sonoma Supply Chain - Claremont NC & Conover, NC
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams - Sonoma, Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Sutter Street Manufacturing is a subsidiary of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Our Sutter Street Manufacturing Facilities in NC, MS and CA are looking to hire hard-working and motivated associates to join our amazing manufacturing team! The ideal associate will possess previous furniture manufacturing experience, promote safety, and demonstrate teamwork. We are also willing to train motivated individuals looking to learn a trade that will lead to a satisfying and profitable career in home furnishings manufacturing and distribution.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Frame Builder position is located in Claremont, NC.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Obtain pre-constructed frame parts from frame grinder by pushing, pulling and lifting onto workstation.
- Assemble the frame parts assuring they are square and level, with correct parts orientated to the correct direction and all parts flush to outside of frame using a hammer and nails, staples and appropriately applied glue.
- Assure all parts are ground off level to result in as flush an outside edge as possible and that no staples are on outside of frame.
- When frame is fully assembled and glue dried, lift and place the frame on top of workstation.
- Inspect frame for rough spots or poor joints.
- Spring up by pulling correct no sag springs over the spring up clips and attach fiber wire.
- According to spring up instructions, attach burlap or FLW to the frame.
- Using a staple/nail gun, shoot the front edge rope into place on the frame.
- Other duties as assigned.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of furniture manufacturing experience.
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements.
- Ability to interpret simple frame assembly instructions commonly placed in frame assembly manual.
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to frequently lift objects weighing 75 lbs. or more.
- Ability to bend and twist as required to assemble frames.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com