|Title:||Operations Manager - Transportation|
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
This position is responsible for managing a team of Logistics Coordinators and the daily execution of transportation activities which includes interaction with 3rd party providers, Transportation Management Systems, DC’s, Corporate Brand teams, Accounts Payable.
- Responsible for daily execution of inbound freight moves and a freight budgets
- Responsible for driving metrics and KPI improvement
- Lead cross functional conference calls with external transportation partners and internal customers
- Act as a primary point of contact for all transportation related issues & resolution
- Serve as a TMS super-user and ensure transportation data integrity
- Identify and implement transportation network optimization opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or Engineering
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications, excel
- Strong leadership, communication and inter-personal skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and cultivate strong business relationships
- Strong financial acumen
- 5% - 10% travel, as needed
- Experience with report development using business intelligence software (QlikView, Crystal Reports, Access etc.)
- MBA Degree
- Ability to write SQL / VBA
- Experience negotiating and administering contracts
- Previous Experience in a Transportation Role or Transportation Industry
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.