|Title:||Business Analyst II|
|Shift::||Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources, or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Business Systems Analyst II position is located in Olive Branch, MS. The Business Systems Analyst II will work on projects of diverse scope and complexity and serve as the change agent for warehouse processes. This personal in this position analyzes different distribution processes and assesses the scope and impact of each on business. They will identify and document process charts, information resources, distribution paths, and system specifications. The BA II will also help with workflow & process diagrams and conduct gap analysis. They will device and implement new solutions to problems by utilizing the 3Ps -people, process and program- methodology. Implementation of the suggested solutions will be the key aspect of this position.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Perform data analysis and conduct research related to distribution center operations to identify variance, discrepancies and gaps; utilize the findings to determine opportunities for improvement and recommend timely corrective actions.
- Develop reporting tools and create dashboards using SQL, Crystal Reports and Business Intelligence Software to provide higher visibility and facilitate data driven decision making in daily operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conduct continuous improvement projects following six-sigma and lean manufacturing guidelines for providing high-standard service to customer.
- Create project SOPs and documentation for various projects and build a knowledge repository. Also, help develop a culture of data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Incorporate big data analysis to help identify trends and patterns in inventory movement across distribution centers.
- Be a team player who can wear different hats within various warehousing functions in order to serve the customer better
- Analyze and define efficient, cost effective solutions that support business processes and operational requirements.
- Independently initiate, identify, research, investigate, analyze, define and document process changes with the aim of increasing productivity and enhancing efficiency.
- Understand organization's direction, structure and requirements.
- Identify all affected stakeholders for a project; identify overlaps and related processes.
- Evaluate alternative operational efficiencies.
- Document and refine system modifications.
- May assist in development of project plans using the associated project planning tools, which include work plans, schedules, milestones, critical paths, detailed tasks, and deliverables.
- Provide status on project milestones, alerting client/project manager of any potential delays.
- Provide expertise to cross functional groups, delivers presentations, demonstrations and training for various initiatives and projects.
- Assist with the design and implementation of training programs for associated on the newer enhanced processes.
- Assist in planning, developing and executing test plans.
- Maintain issue logs, tracks/follows up on problems.
- Provide knowledge transfer and feedback as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communicate effectively with business users to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred) in Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Business Administration and/or equivalent work experience.
- Prefer 2-4 years of equivalent work experience defining and implementing business process improvements in supply chain management systems and warehouse management.
- Strong technical skills in terms of SQL, Crystal and BI tools is a must; also advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA and Macros would be very beneficial.
- Strong experience in extracting/mining and modeling data; process mapping and root causing.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects in time bound fashion; 1-2 full project life cycle implementations and go-lives required.
- Knowledge of current best practices in Supply Chain Optimization, Transportation and Distribution.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can work with minimal supervision.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship