|Title:||Business Analyst III|
Business Systems Analyst III
The Business Systems Analyst III will work on projects of diverse scope and complexity and serve as IT's key link with business clients. This position analyzes clients' requirements and assesses the scope and impact of clients' business needs. They will Identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information resources and distribution paths, and system specifications. The BSA III will conduct workflow, process diagrams and gap analysis. They will review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions. The BSA will evaluate existing application products and develops recommendations. They will write specifications for conversion or interface programs. This position will coordinate installation and first-use of new applications. They will provide client support and training in the areas of planning, marketing, training and operating of automated systems.
Primary Job Functions:
- Independently initiates, identifies, researches, investigates, analyzes, defines and documents client requirements to support company objectives.
- Using detailed knowledge of application features and functions assesses scope and impact of client business needs.
- Understands client organization's direction, structure and requirements.
- Identifies all affected stakeholders for a project.
- Identifies and documents cross functional and/or cross divisional, functional requirements, workflow, information resources and distribution paths, and system specifications.
- Conducts and/or participates in the analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and in the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Conducts workflow, process diagrams and gap analysis.
- Identifies overlaps and related processes.
- Designs interface and conversion needs for data and process to enhance existing systems or develop new ones.
- Analyzes and defines efficient, cost effective solutions that support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Evaluates existing application products that could address client requirements and develop recommendations where appropriate.
- Evaluates alternative operational efficiencies.
- Writes specifications for conversion or interface programs.
- Documents and refines system modifications.
- Coordinates installation and first-use of new applications.
- Resolves issues related to an application (new or current) involving, as required, team members, vendors, clients, etc. and escalates as needed
- May assist in development of project plans using the associated project planning tools, which include work plans, schedules, milestones, critical paths, detailed tasks, and deliverables.
- Provides status on project milestones, alerting client/project manager of any potential delays.
- Provides product expertise to client groups, delivers presentations, demonstrations and training for application systems.
- Assists with the design and implementation of training programs for clients of new and enhanced application.
- Assists in planning, developing and executing test plans.
- Maintains issue logs, tracks/follows up on problems.
- Acts, as a resource in understanding how IS systems carry out business functions.
- Provides knowledge transfer and feedback as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communicates effectively with business users to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationship.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in CS, MIS, Supply Chain, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years related work experience defining and implementing business process -improvements in manufacturing and supply chain management systems.
- Expertise in managing, implementing, and maintenance of MS Dynamics AX 2009 multi-site implementation, upgrades, and modifications.
- Ability to prepare, import, and export master data using definition groups and SQL procedures.
- Ability to perform complex and varied level work where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Reliable business knowledge, preferably in the retail industry and furniture manufacturing industry.
- Knowledgeable on technical data analysis, functional design, modeling, system development processes, and software testing.
- Advanced interpersonal, business communication, and writing skills.
- Customer focused with high quality standards.