|Title:||Analyst, Customs Compliance – Audit|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Analyst, Customs Compliance – Audit position may be located in Memphis, TN; Richmond, CA; The Colony, TX; or Pompano Beach, FL. This position managers the regulatory programs to maintain overall customs compliance to global laws and regulations; as well as establish and execute to internal controls that support cost reduction programs and risk avoidance strategies. The performance expectations of this position include acting with a sense of urgency while maintaining high compliance and due diligence, analyzing and determining root causes, thinking and planning strategically, elevating operational issues effectively and fostering positive communication between internal and external business partners.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Establish internal controls and ensure internal controls, reporting and systems documentation complies with the Company’s Compliance Programs. Internal control processes must be consistent with the interrelated components of internal controls as defined under COSO Framework. Develop and execute procedures that mitigate risk and demonstrate reasonable care as required under 19 U.S.C. 1484 (19CFR)
- Oversee all post entry activity to ensure Company is appropriately responding to Customs inquiries and submitting post entry corrections in a manner that demonstrates reasonable care.
- Gather data from various sources and platforms and provide insightful analysis whether it is to highlight cost-saving opportunities, or ways to improve and strengthen compliance.
- Assist with the Company’s participation in cost reduction programs such as Free Trade Agreements, and Duty Drawback.
- Provide brand with guidance regarding Anti dumping and Countervailing cases to avoid gross financial risk.
- Keep current with changes in regulations and new regulatory obligations assumed through Global Expansion. Implement new policies and procedures accordingly.
- Keep manager and director informed of identified risks, compliance status and audit findings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- A BS/BA degree in International Trade/Business or equivalent
- 3 years or more experience working in the Customs organization of an US Importer
- Expert with MS Access, Excel, and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Licensed Customs Broker, preferred
- Background in auditing a plus
- Working knowledge of 19CFR and 15CFR Part 30 and US Anti dumping/Countervailing laws, preferred.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits