|Title:||Bill of Materials|
About Williams Sonoma Supply Chain - Claremont NC & Conover, NC
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams - Sonoma, Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Sutter Street Manufacturing is a subsidiary of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Our Sutter Street Manufacturing Facilities in NC and MS are looking to hire hard-working and motivated associates to join our amazing manufacturing team! The ideal associate will possess previous furniture manufacturing experience, promote safety, and demonstrate teamwork. We are also willing to train motivated individuals looking to learn a trade that will lead to a satisfying and profitable career in home furnishings manufacturing and distribution.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Product Development/Bill of Materials position is located in Claremont, NC.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Establish specification packages with computer generated files, photos, CAD drawings, sewing specifications.
- Maintain bill of materials. Write up standard operating procedures for each department in manufacturing.
- Work with Product Development Team to create product specification sheets for manufacturing.
- Maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities as required.
- Complete assigned projects independently and work well within a team environment.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all associates, management staff, and vendors.
- Create and maintain files.
- Prepare and maintain spreadsheets, presentations, and reports verifying content and accuracy.
- Collaborate on other projects as needed.
- Work safely and contribute to a professional environment.
- Utilize Williams-Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments.
- Other tasks as assigned by Manager.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of administrative or clerical experience, preferably in a Product Development environment for upholstered furniture.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and work extra hours as needed.
- Ability to multi-task, and be extremely detailed on written and verbal communications/documentation.
- Strong Microsoft Office Knowledge – especially Outlook, Excel, Power Point.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner.
- Excellent attendance and willingness to be a part of a team – performing whatever duties are necessary to complete the task at hand.
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Knowledge of upholstered furniture specifications.
- Understanding of fabrics, materials used in development of upholstered furniture development.
- 2-3 years’ administrative experience in upholstered furniture product development environment.
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs or more.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer, Matching Gifts, Community Service Program, & Holidays (in some locations)
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com