|Title:||Safety Engineer (Temporary)|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
The Safety Engineer will facilitate the implementation of injury prevention and regulatory compliance initiatives processes for the Olive Branch and Sonoma Cove sites of Williams-Sonoma’s Supply Chain. This person will be responsible for partnering with location operations’ teams to execute company Health and Safety policies/procedures and ensure compliance to all applicable regulations. This person will be accountable for leading performance improvement and positive change.
- Implements injury prevention and regulatory compliance processes across the Williams-Sonoma Supply Chain.
- Conducts in-depth incident investigations.
- Develops and delivers safety related training.
- Conducts comprehensive Safety and Health Assessments and collaborates with the local and regional management teams to address deficiencies.
- Collaborates with all management and associates pro-actively identify safety risks and provide solutions.
- Participates in serious safety incident investigations
- Monitors standard operating procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of OSHA, FDA, and building code regulations.
- Completes assigned projects either independently, or as part of a team effort.
- Participates in weekly Site Safety meetings.
- Leads other Supply Chain safety and regulatory compliance initiatives as may be needed.
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety or related field. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- 4 – 7 years’ experience in a management-level role related to Safety, Health and Environmental.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Outstanding organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and extra hours as needed.
- Master's Degree in Occupational Safety.
- 8 years of management-level experience in a safety position.
- 5 years highly proficient experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.