|Title:||Assistant General Operations Manager|
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
The successful Assistant General Manager provides leadership, guidance, and direction to the managers and associates in the assigned departments in order to encourage and gain support toward meeting corporate objectives. The person in this role will need to be able to show strong leadership, the ability to address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team with the tools needed for success. This position is accountable for executing plans and constantly improving service, safety, quality and cost.
Must exhibit exceptional leadership skills and possess the following:
- Develop the operating plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure that products conform to customer and quality standards.
- Ability to develop, monitor and achieve financial plans and budgets
- Manage projects under aggressive time and dollar constraints
- Hire, train, mentor and develop team members in order to assist with professional growth and development
- Identification and analysis of root causes of key performance indicators in order to mitigate future occurrences
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships at multiple levels in order to work cross organizationally toward solutions; excellent leadership and consensus building skills
- Ability to drive continuous improvement in productivity, cost control, service and inventory accuracy
- Improve inventory positions, reduce out-of-market and create a more efficient Just in Time supply chain
- Maintain and manage all supply chain systems (GT Nexus and QlikView)
- Application support and data maintenance (GT Nexus, TMS, PKMS, QlikView)
Ownership of the Centralized Routing Group in Columbus, responsible for oversight and management of route planning for all network home delivery hubs.
Produce and monitor reporting for all routing related metrics; 1st Available, Completion %, On-time %, etc.
Identify areas for improvement and partner with Hub Managers to maximize route efficiency and customer experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or related area plus 7-10 years of
- Experience/knowledge of process improvement platforms (Six-Sigma, Lean)
- Extensive knowledge of applications such as GT Nexus, PkMS, Supply Chain Guru, QlikView, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex data, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and reach appropriate conclusions/solutions
- Ability to delegate and manage projects and activities in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations to all levels
- Transform raw data into useful information to better understand the network and identify opportunities for improvement
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.