|Title:||Customs Compliance Analyst|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Customs Compliance Analyst position is located in Olive Branch, MS. This position is responsible for ensuring corporate compliance to the rules and regulations of Customs and other government agencies while providing guidance to achieve lowest landed cost for a complex and broad product line. Determine HTS (HS) codes for a wide variety of products for four destination countries: United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom. Provide direction related to rules of origin for country-of-origin determination
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Perform analysis and documentation of both legal and factual information for classification of products for HTS(HS) to ensure smooth and accurate customs clearance and/or applicable special trade program qualification
- Maintain customs classification records to ensure company adherence with Customs rules and regulations and to demonstrate reasonable care
- Identify and address government agency requirements for imported or exported products.
- Respond to inquiries from Customs Brokers and resolve problems impacting import shipments. Research and provide information required for customs clearance
- Provide training to business partners as required. Contribute to user-friendly reference materials that support business and compliance requirements.
- Keep current with changes in regulations that impact classification and the Company’s product
- Understand acceptable methods of customs valuation
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure compliance with all relevant trade related laws and regulations while enabling the business to achieve objectives
- Manage a diverse workload which may include changes in priorities and responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- BS/BA degree in International Trade/Business or equivalent
- At least 5 years or more experience working in the Customs organization of an US Importer
- Experience in the tariff classification of a broad range of commodities, including textiles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools –Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Licensed US Customs Broker
- Knowledge of import and export regulations of other countries is a plus
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: