$1000 Sign-On Bonus
About Williams Sonoma Distribution Centers
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Recruiter will be responsible for researching, developing and implementing effective recruiting and sourcing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. This role will work alongside other HR team members in an energetic, goal oriented and dynamic environment using effective recruiting strategies and best practices to recruit a best-in-class hourly workforce.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES DEPENDING ON LOCATION:
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the non-exempt associate recruiting including DOT qualified box truck furniture delivery drivers. .
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending non-exempt wage rates, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Coordinates and assists with the new hire process, including assisting and ensuring new hires properly complete on-boarding paperwork, submitting and processing paperwork with appropriate persons, creating new employee files, and coordinating orientation.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- At least three years engaged all phases of the recruitment and hiring process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sourcing expertise, utilizing a range of methods and approaches
- Strong follow-up, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and principles, employee relations, and applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Proven success with high volume recruitment in a light industrial/business environment
- Proficient in Internet, social media and digital platform recruiting/sourcing techniques
- Background in: Big Box Retail, Packaged Goods, Parts Distribution, and/or Supply Chain
- Professional Human Resources certification (PRC, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish)