|Title:||Seasonal Logistics Coordinator|
Shift: 8:00am- 4:30pm
Location: Sonoma Cove- Memphis, TN
About Williams Sonoma Distribution Centers - Memphis, TN & Olive Branch, MS
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Logistics Coordinator - Domestic position is located in Memphis, TN. This position is responsible for supporting the Transportation Department through freight planning, logistics reporting, communication with business partners, freight claims and data management
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
• Coordinate freight deliveries to warehouses, hubs & stores
•Work with the warehouses to manage trailer pools and assign trailers for loading
• Schedule carrier delivery appointments at consignee locations
• Use TMS (transportation management system) to manage freight tenders and monitor/manage service levels
• Perform a variety of clerical and administrative work assisting the claims department including maintaining claims records, spreadsheets and databases
• Active participation in conference calls with WSI corporate partners, freight carriers, warehouses, final mile hubs & stores
• React to sudden business changes by adjusting plans and problem solving
• Manage TMS shipment data including volumes, piece counts, shipment statuses & costs
• Negotiate spot capacity and rates with freight carriers
• Extract data to create reports and distribute to both internal and external business partners
• Flexibility to rotate between other functions within the Transportation Department
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- At least 1 year proficient experience in MS Excel and Word; Candidate must be able to create and maintain active spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Possess the ability to work well with others and support team goals. Maintain flexibility and accept other duties as assigned while conducting business in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to work extended hours when necessary
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Associates Degree in a related field
- Functional knowledge of PKMS, GTNexus, TMS, Yardview and Qlikview…or similar systems & BI tools
- 2 years of professional experience in Transportation or Customer Service related role
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
• Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
• 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
• Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits