Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is seeking a proven professional with two years or more experience working
for an importer/exporter of retail merchandise. You will be part of a dynamic team responsible for
ensuring corporate compliance to the rules and regulations of Customs and other government agencies.
The ideal candidate must have proven ability to think and perform strategically and will have at least
two years' experience managing documentation for import/export shipments.
The performance expectations of this position include; acting with a sense of urgency while
maintaining high compliance and due diligence, thinking and planning strategically, elevating
operational issues effectively and fostering positive communication between internal and external
• Prepare documentation necessary to facilitate international movement of goods including
commercial invoices, packing lists and other documents as required.
• Obtain information from various internal systems in relation to the preparation of required
• Perform denied party screening and maintain associated records.
• Maintain daily logs and records to ensure adherence with company procedures and with
Customs rules and regulations to demonstrate reasonable care.
• Manage a diverse workload which may include changes in priorities and responsibilities.
• Contribute to user-friendly reference materials that support business and compliance
• Other duties as assigned.
• A BS/BA degree in International Trade/Business or equivalent work experience
• 2 years or more experience working in the Customs organization of an US Importer or Exporter
• Experience with MS Word & Excel, Adobe
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, ability to write & speak effectively and persuasively
• Experience with warehouse operations and systems a plus