|Shift::||Tue, Thurs - Sat: 6am - 4:30pm|
Tue, Thurs - Sat: 6am - 4:30pm
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
The Merchandise processor(s) will work in multiple areas of the operation and perform a variety of task. You will be working on stocking put aways, PFR's, picking & stocking the split Case Mod, stocking 401's up on the shipping mez, picking off the pallet conveyor. The associate will work on a OP/RT/537 with PKMS scanning the product into location. Other duties will be required not listed here.
- Able to drive an Order Picker/RT & 537(swing), and order picker.
- Repetitive lifting of cartons that could weigh up to fifty (50) pounds daily.
- Able to read and match numbers to ensure accuracy when completing orders.
- Able to work at a pace that is consistent with departmental productivity and quality standards.
- Working in a safe manner on a daily basis and performing other duties as assigned.
- Use Scan gun – perform scanning and lookup functions in PKMS
- Handling cartons, stocking pallets and hand loading off pallets into locations or bins
- Must be Forklift/OP/RT certified
- PKMS base knowledge
- Ability to learn new functions in PKMS for research purposes
- High school diploma or equivalent is strongly recommended
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Flexible to work overtime as required
- Communicate effectively with peers
- Position will be required to move/rotate to different areas within the department depending on the daily workload
- Must be a team player and have good attendance record with the flexibility to work alternate schedules during peak season and other high-volume times
- Ability to bend, reach and squat
- Knowledge of PKMS system
- Six months experience with forklift operation