|Title:||Lead - Personalization|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Rodney Jefferson|
|Department:||3232-- CMO PZ Embroid Support-S Cove|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Lead - Personalization position is located in Memphis, TN This Lead position will support Personalization Operations Manager with leading, guiding and directing a group of associates while ensuring that daily departmental goals are met through the Williams-Sonoma objectives in Safety, Service, Quality and Cost in the assigned department.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Partner with Operations Manager to plan and staff departmental functions
- Train and develop departmental resources to ensure staffing of all functions within the department. Share business information with teammates through floor presence and effective verbal and written communication Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company. Adopt the 5S philosophy for maintaining a clean and safe work environment; communicate safety topics and conduct safety audits
- Ensure availability of materials (supplies) and resources to all associates in the team, so that they can perform their duties with maximum efficiency and minimal downtime.
- Control and maintain and steady workflow on the floor by ensuring
- All functions within the department are staffed with adequate headcount - partner with Operations Manager and move associates around by skillset to balance the flow if necessary
- Ensure associates have the equipment and supplies needed to do their job; follow processes to ensure non-functional equipment is repaired or replaced
- And other duties as assigned
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience in supply chain, manufacturing or retail in a supervisory or management role
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead from the frontlines and be hands on (job has very little desk time)
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Minimum 3 years of Personalization (PZ) work experience in high volume distribution or manufacturing
- Experience with Warehouse Management System
- Forklift driving experience
- Lean/Six Sigma certification
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Must be able to stand, climb stairs and/or walk consistently throughout the day
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com