|Title:||Administrative Assistant II|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
The primary role of this position is to work with the Research & Development Associates to create and maintain specifications for new and existing products.
• Coordinate R & D spreadsheets related to product launch schedules, status, and relevant deadlines
• Work with pre-production process as needed through spreadsheets, tracking and communication
• May work with raw materials ordering/tracking
• Maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities as required
• Complete assigned projects independently and work well within a team environment
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all associates, management staff, and vendors
• Create and maintain files
• Prepare and maintain spreadsheets, presentations, and reports verifying content and accuracy
• Collaborate on other projects as needed.
• Work safely and contribute to a professional environment
• Utilize Williams-Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments.
- Ability to multi-task and be extremely detailed on written and verbal communications/documentation.
- Strong Microsoft Office Knowledge – especially Outlook, Excel, Power Point
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner.
- Excellent attendance and willingness to be a part of a team – performing whatever duties are necessary to complete the task at hand
- 3-5 years of administrative or clerical experience, preferably in a Product Development environment for upholstered furniture.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and work extra hours as needed
- Knowledge of upholstered furniture specifications
- Understanding of fabrics, materials used in development of upholstered furniture development
- 2-3 years’ administrative experience in upholstered furniture product development environment
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.