|Title:||Furniture Manufacturing Stager|
|Date Posted:||Aug 9, 2023|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||N/A|
|Shift:||Night Shift: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-1:30am or Weekend Shift: Friday-Sunday 6:00am-6::30pm|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma Supply Chain - Claremont NC & Conover, NC
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, Williams-Sonoma was recognized as a Great Place to Work ®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- Over 4,000 Full-Time Associates across the Supply Chain
- 15.1M square feet of small parcel, personalization, furniture, and manufacturing space in the domestic US, Williams-Sonoma has developed an agile and capable distribution network consisting of the following:
- Large package / furniture distribution centers located in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, Georgia, and New Jersey totaling 9.2M square feet plus another 1.2M square feet of standalone final-mile furniture hubs.
- Small package eCommerce distribution centers located in Mississippi, Arizona, and Tennessee totaling 3.9M square feet, consisting of over 1,000 full-time associates and 1,500 seasonal/temporary associates in Mississippi and Tennessee
- Manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina and Mississippi totaling 861k square feet with over 1,500 full-time employees producing approximately $900 million - $1 billion in sales of upholstered furniture3 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina and Mississippi with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking, and Rail consisting of over 30 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Stager position is located in Claremont, NC. This position is responsible for preparing upholstery build kits to include the sprung-up frame, sewn cover, filled cushions and backs, filler materials and all other supplies required to build a piece of furniture in the upholstery trim area.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Organizing all materials and puts components in place for the upholstery department to build up the piece.
- Push build kits to the staging area on the floor for the upholsterer to take to the workstation.
- Check for accuracy and ensures all pieces of kit are from the same ticket.
- Track kits and tickets to ensure pieces are with the correct furniture frame.
- Check on supplies needed from outside vendors by consistently checking inventory levels of materials in the department.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- 3 years of experience in make ready or set-up area of an upholstered furniture manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards.
- Experience using computers for tracking and updating kit location for customer service.
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to frequently lift objects weighing 50-75 lbs.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
• Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
• 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
• Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits