|Title:||Production & Inventory Control Manager|
The Production & Inventory Control (P&IC) Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of effective, facility-wide Planning & Inventory Control activities to support material flow and on-time delivery.
Areas of responsibility include managing production scheduling and Inventory Control.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees Production Scheduling, Material Handling, and Receiving
- Establishes and maintains departmental production schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
- Establishes and maintains department procedures consistent with divisional/site goals
- Manages tactical supplier relationships and work with Strategic Sourcing teams to manage supply chain and key suppliers
- Implements defined replenishment strategies within Microsoft Dynamics ERP system
- Owns business processes and data within the function required to effectively run the business
- Collaborates with Operational Management to optimize production planning, detail scheduling and material replenishment process for maximum utilization of the plant facilities and resources
- Develops targets, systems and procedures for balancing optimal inventory levels with customer availability and market leading lead times
- Drive efforts to continuously review and improve inventory accuracy and cycle counting programs
- Champion lean activity in direct support and relationship to facility lean direction and business needs
Reporting / Analytics
- Analyzes operational variances, extracts and reviews historical data, incorporates projected scrap allowances, production efficiencies, and on-time adherence while working with operational teams to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Report out and action supplier on-time delivery and quality measures
- Drive YOY supplier cost reductions, inventory accuracy improvements, & on-time performance.
- Participate in Engineering, Project Management, Sales, Quality and Operations Planning sessions, and contribute in the development of operations plans to support organizational goals
- Communicate Materials Inventory plans to the Leadership Team at regularly scheduled intervals
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Promote effective Health, Safety and Environmental programs and practices, ensuring that high standards of site safety are established and met
- Demonstrate personal commitment to a safety and quality culture
- Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results
- Identifies and addresses general root causes to safety and quality problems
- Bachelor's Degree, required in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business.
- A minimum of 7 years of supply chain/materials/procurement management experience in manufacturing environment. Minimum of 2 years of supervisory or managerial experience required.
- APICS Certification preferred
- A thorough knowledge of product costing, budget planning, make/buy analysis, is necessary
- Must have previous experience using MRP systems, and be knowledgeable in routings and BOM applications
- Experience with MRP systems, Microsoft Dynamics will be plus
- Proficient utilization of MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Customer Focus
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Drives for Results
- Decision Quality
- Manages Complexity
- Plans and Aligns
- Drives Vision and Purpose