|Title:||Warehouse Safety Admin|
Arlington, TX Distribution Center
Warehouse Safety Coordinator Position Available! Direct Hire
Shift Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
***Ideal candidates for the position will have stable work history and experience working in Health and Safety***
Our full-time associates enjoy the following benefits:
Full Health Benefits
Casual Dress Environment
40% discount on most merchandise
Complimentary Onsite Fitness Center
Fun contests / reward and recognition programs
With minimal supervision, supports Operations Manager/GOM with helping to monitor operations to eliminate hazardous activities and enforcing company health and safety guidelines, inspecting workspaces and products to ensure they are up to safety standards, and providing workplace safety training.
Ensure compliance with all state and federal Worker’s Comp/OSHA laws and regulations
Maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities
Complete assigned projects independently and work well within a team environment.
Train employees in safety procedures.
Promote safety awareness and cultivate the safety culture throughout the company. Works cooperatively and harmoniously with supervisor, co-workers, and others.
Inspects working conditions to ensure all products and activities are compliant with safety guidelines.
Write and prepare adhoc reports detailing inspection process and other activities
Coordinate accident review meetings and other safety meetings as needed.
Suggests revisions to production methods and employee activity that does not meet health and safety codes
Addresses any workplace related health issues and accidents
Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues
Intervene in unsafe activities or operations
Daily Run and monitor reports in iWarehouse software.
Ensure all forklift records are current and perform quarterly checks for accuracy.
Create and maintain files
Multitask and be extremely detailed while performing all tasks and reports
Keep work area safe, organized and clean according to general warehousing/office practices and OSHA requirements daily
Utilize Williams-Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities while maintaining required accuracy percentages, metrics and quality standards
Other duties as deemed necessary
- Prior Health and Safety Experience
- Exhibits knowledge of appropriate emergency protocols
- Demonstrates familiarity with job site machinery and products
- Possesses strong leadership skills
- Exhibits strong organizational skills
- Possess solid problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Pays close attention to detail
- Excellent attendance and willingness to be part of a team – performing whatever duties are necessary
- Job requires continuous physical exertion – walking, bending, lifting, standing, climbing – must be able to lift 65 pounds minimum with or without accommodation
- MS Office Proficient: Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Ability to multitask and possess research skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner
- Flexible to shift schedules and work overtime as required
- Independent worker with ability to manage own work load with minimal supervision or direction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
OSHA 10 Certificate
Bilingual is a plus (English/Spanish)
Associates degree in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Company Overview:
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship