Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS Locations
Seasonal Operational Trainer
POSITION SUMMARY: The Operational Trainer is responsible for delivering standardized systems and process classroom training and on-boarding employees to ensure they have the knowledge, skills and abilities to meet customer expectations and enterprise goals. The Operational Trainer will provide feedback and conduct periodic retraining where quality or performance issues are noted or when system or process changes require training. The trainer will also compose and deliver performance reviews to employees during new hire training period. This position will be providing support to the Personalization and Operational areas within the organization.
Our full-time associates enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 40% Discount on most merchandise!
- Fun contests / reward and recognition programs
- Growth / Promotional Opportunities
- Casual Dress Environment
- Capture warehouse processes in photos/video, editing and clipping video for training materials
- Ability to steady record video and edit using iPad or handheld camera device
- Ability to work in warehouse environment (hot and cold temperatures), including standing for extended periods of time
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ensure consistent, ongoing training of associates
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all associates and management staff
- Use existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems
- Associate’s Degree preferred, and/or 3 to 4 years of relevant work experience
- Two (2) years highly proficient experience in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Advance knowledge of PKMS, job role, and personalization systems
- Ability to balance multiple tasks
- Strong communication & facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent follow up skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and extra hours as needed
- Ability to partner with peers and build strong working relationships
- Ability to develop competence by performing structured work assignments
- Experience in the operations and/or personalization area
- Experience in prior training capacity providing support to newly hired associates within an organization
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Company Overview:
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home. In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck's business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing. Today, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is one of the United States' largest e-commerce retailers with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings. We currently operate retail stores in the United States, Canada Puerto Rico, Australia, and the United Kingdom, and franchise our brands to third parties in a number of countries in the Middle East. Our products are also available to customers through our catalogs and online worldwide.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.