About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Our Southeast Distribution Center is seeking to add a DC Lead with a focus on teamwork and customer service to our menu.
The Distribution Center opened in April 2016 and is still adding new team members as we grow.
We handle mostly furniture at this location and operate a Home Delivery Team out of the facility as well.
The position is non-exempt, Monday-Thursday 5AM-3:30PM with OT as required.
Working across multiple departments leading associates to complete tasks assigned by Operations Manager. Ensuring tasks and goals are completed, working with other departments to ensure proper hand off, managing metrics for high quality customer service are just some of the tasks that will need to be performed on a daily basis.
Work Hours:Monday-Thursday 5AM-3:30PM with OT as required
With minimal supervision, supports Operations Manager/GM with leading a group of IB, OB, picking and putaway associates while ensuring that daily departmental goals are met through the Williams-Sonoma objectives in Safety, Service, Quality and Cost. Share business information through floor presence, suggest improvements to current techniques. Train and direct a team of associates to achieve departmental production goals in order to provide customers with the ultimate delivery experience. Control the workflow on the floor to include prioritizing team goals to ensure that deadlines are met. Track productivity, research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction
- Ability to clearly communicate in a group and private setting
- High School Diploma or GED
- Comfortable elevating on an order picker 5 stories up
- Comfortable walking/standing 90% of the day
- Basic knowledge of Receiving, Replenishment, Picking, Shipping, Inventory Control, Profiling, and Waving
- Certified to operate an Order Picker, Reach Truck (Raymond Brand)
- Have working knowledge of Excel, PKMS, RF scanners , and AS400.
- Ability to multi task and be extremely detailed on all written and verbal communications/documentation.
- Knowledge of basic math (addition and subtraction)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent attendance and willingness to be part of a team- performing whatever duties are necessary
- Available to work overtime and flexible schedules
- Heavy lifting up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work with minimal supervision