|Title:||Merch Processor(s)- Forklift Driver|
|Date Posted:||Aug 23, 2022|
|Reports To or Hiring Manager:||Carolyn Malone|
|Shift:||Saturday- Tuesday 6:00pm- 4:30am|
|Employment Type:||Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Proposed Salary Range:||N/A|
About Williams Sonoma - Memphis, TN
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Merch Processor(s)-Forklift Driver position is located in Memphis, TN. The Merchandise processor(s) will work in multiple areas of the operation and perform a variety of task. You will be working on PFR's, picking & stocking the split Case Mod, stocking 401's up on the shipping mez, picking off the pallet conveyor. The associate will work on a OP/RT/537/Dock Stocker with PKMS scanning the product into location. Other duties will be required not listed here.
Shift Time: Saturday-Tuesday 6:00PM-4:30AM
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- Able to drive an Order Picker/RT & 537/Dock Stocker
- Repetitive lifting of cartons that could weigh up to fifty (50) pounds daily.
- Able to read and match numbers to ensure accuracy when completing orders.
- Able to work at a pace that is consistent with departmental productivity and quality standards.
- Working in a safe manner on a daily basis and performing other duties as assigned.
- Use Scan gun – perform scanning and lookup functions in PKMS
- Handling cartons, stocking pallets and hand loading off pallets into locations or bins
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 1 years of experience in Forklift experience; Be Forklift/OP/RT certified
- PKMS base knowledge
- Ability to learn new functions in PKMS for research purposes
- Flexible to work overtime as required
- Communicate effectively with peers
- Position will be required to move/rotate to different areas within the department depending on the daily workload
- Must be a team player and have good attendance record with the flexibility to work alternate schedules during peak season and other high-volume times
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, reach and squat
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com