Merch Processor - Forklift Driver
|Title:||Merch Processor - Forklift Driver|
|Location:||South Brunswick, NJ|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- Work safely and contribute to a professional environment
- Returns: Work with DC Admin and DC Clerk to ensure all pieces that needs to be returned to stock are being put away in HUB and DC inventory as required
- Attention to detail is mandatory
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Returns: Ensure that all returns pieces on task are accurately loaded to the corresponding outbound line
- Returns: Perform Putaway function of consumed return pieces and keep an accurate log to provide back to DC Admin and DC Clerk
- Utilize Williams-Sonoma’s Mission, Vision and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments
- Ability to multitask and be extremely detailed
- Must have experience driving a Reach Truck, Pacer, and Order Picker
- AS400 warehousing systems preferred
- Previous warehousing and/or transportation background desired, previous forklift experience desired
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner
- Availability to work full time schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc
- Excellent attendance, and willing ness to be part of a team – performing whatever duties are necessary
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.