|Title:||Sutter South Line Supply Lead|
|Shift:||3X12 Friday – Sunday (4 hours on Monday)|
About Williams Sonoma
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The primary area of focus for the lead person will be the line supply area for the weekend shift. The lead person will focus on the line supply area to ensure that daily departmental goals are met and assist Plant Management with leading, guiding, and directing a group of associates while meeting the objectives of Sutter Street Manufacturing in safety, service, quality, and cost.
The Line Supply Lead position is located in Booneville, MS.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will....
- The selected candidate will train, lead, and direct a team of associates to perform daily tasks promptly and with high standards to achieve departmental and facility production goals using documented SOPs. The associate will be expected to lead through example by performing department tasks safely, correctly, and quickly while demonstrating integrity and acting in a responsible and accountable manner.
- Establish and promote good work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates while sharing business information and listening to teammates. The lead will need to communicate with manager and other departments verbally regularly and consistently and through required reporting.
- As a leader the associate will partner with the manager to coordinate team assignments and occasionally re-assign associates to other areas as necessary, and work with the associates to maximize the productivity of the departments while ensuring quality and adhering to and complying with all safety policies.
- It will be the leads responsibility to periodically check work and coach on productivity pace and methods. If necessary, the lead will suggest improvements to current techniques and processes. Solicit opinions of team members on effectiveness of department operations to maximize productivity levels.
- This person will be responsible for the development, enhancing, and maintaining daily/weekly productivity reports.
- It will be necessary daily to ensure each employee has the correct materials to perform their task properly and the overall cleanliness and organization of the area/s is maintained throughout the shift.
- The associate will adhere to budget requirements and work toward obtaining departmental objectives and division goals. Track all supplies and maintain inventories needed to run the department and ensure that all supplies are received in a timely manner.
- Ensure tags/tickets/rolls/scans are correctly accounted for within the inventory system and follow system requirements for tracking materials.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience in production of upper-end upholstered furniture
- Basic computer skills are necessary along with good math and reading skills.
- Experience in reading and understanding production tickets.
- Ability to interpret simple instructions commonly placed in a production manual and the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements.
- Good communication skills – oral and written and the ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards and have good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as a team with other associates and managers.
- Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision and possess a strong sense of urgency and time management to meet established deadlines.
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish.
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Ability to sit or stand for 12-hour periods and bend and twist at waist and knees as required to upholster furniture
- Ability to see patterns on fabrics and color variations.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER