|Title:||Lead - Merch Processor|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Lead – Sortation / Put away position, Olive Branch, MS. This position is responsible for working across multiple departments leading associates to complete tasks assigned by the Operations Manager. Ensuring tasks and goals are completed, working with other departments to ensure proper hand off, managing metrics for high quality customer service are just some of the tasks that will need to be performed daily.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Understanding and knowing Optoro
- Responsible for the Sortation area
- Responsible for keeping the merchandise moving in FIFO order for all product
- Responsible for inventory moving in FIFO order and keep the inventory moving to the racks daily clearing the floor with daily reconciliations
- Responsible reconciliation of Sort Area via distributing handhelds via the APEX lockers
- Responsible for walking to all the sort areas to hold your team accountable
- Set daily goals and expectations by communicating and holding each associate accountable to the standards
- Ensure all safety hazards are removed from the work area and everyone is working safe.
- Responsible for keeping desk areas in 5-S compliance
- Responsible for forklifting all inventory at EOD to clear out the Sortation Stage area
- Morning start-up meetings – stretch, communicate and prepare your team for success
- Daily attendance roster completed by 6:45 am
- Attend Leadership and Training classes provided weekly by management
- Cross training in every area in PH1 as well as cross training the associate in this area with P2 & P4
- Review production and work with each associate not hitting production
- Send out daily Excel recaps of all the activities, production and units left in WIP
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of CMO, RTV, SS and Forklifting
- Certified to operate a Dock Stocker (Raymond Brand)
- Have working knowledge of Excel, Optoro, One Note, PKMS, RF scanners, and AS400.
- Ability to multi-task and be extremely detailed on all written and verbal communications/documentation.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction
- Excellent attendance and willingness to be part of a team- performing whatever duties are necessary
- Available to work overtime and flexible schedules
Review these physical requirements, as they play a major part in this role….
- Comfortable elevating on forklifts 5 stories up
- Comfortable walking/standing 90% of the day
- Heavy lifting up to 75 pounds
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
• Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
• 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
• Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits