2nd Shift Staging
|Title:||2nd Shift Staging|
Prepares upholstery build kit to include the frame, sewn cover, filler materials and all other supplies required to build a piece of furniture in the upholstery trim area.
- Organize all materials and puts components in place in order for the upholstery department to build up the piece.
- Pushes build kit to the staging area on the floor to in order for upholsterer to take to the work station.
- Checks for accuracy and ensures all pieces of kit are from the same ticket.
- Tracks kits and tickets to ensure pieces are with the correct furniture frame.
- Checks on supplies needed from outside vendors by consistently checking inventory levels of materials in the department.
- 1- 3 years’ experience in make ready or set-up area of an upholstered furniture manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience using computers for tracking and updating kit location for customer service
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Good communication – both oral and written
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-keeping skills, including ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to communicate with upholsterers and trimmers on issues related to
- Ability to frequently lift objects weighing 75 lbs or more
- Ability to bend and twist as required in moving furniture
- Ability to push finished furniture across the floor