|Title:||Operations Manager (Jacksonville, FL)|
|Shift::||Tuesday - Saturday|
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Children's Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading and developing their own team of Williams-Sonoma Associates with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching. This individual is accountable for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. The person in this role will need to be able to show strong leadership, the ability to address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team with the tools needed for success. The Operations Manager will ensure that daily departmental goals are met using a People First philosophy to achieve established objectives in Safety, Service, Quality, and Cost.
• Lead, guide and direct hourly associates to meet or exceed operational goals, as well as monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling, and development; and using Key Performance Indicators to make ongoing improvements and enhancements.
• Communicate policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintain compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
• Direct and ensure top service for internal/external customers
• Develop performance goals and objectives to ensure accuracy, quality and customer expectations are met
• Maintain health and safety standards within the distribution center and promote a positive health and safety culture onsite
• Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily, weekly, monthly, and peak season labor schedules
• Achieving financial plans and budget objectives
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field.
•Proven proficient technical skills with Microsoft Office applications (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to adapt and change processes to keep pace with evolving business requirements
• Warehouse Management System experience
• Ability to complete multiple tasks consistently and on time.
• Must be highly organized and process oriented.
• Strong ability to communicate effectively (written or verbal), with excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:• 5 years of relevant experience (Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field) is preferred
• Exposure to furniture distribution and/or big box distribution is a plus
• Solid understanding of Safety and OSHA standards
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills to successfully respond to urgent situations.
• Six Sigma/lean experience preferably in a distribution/warehouse environment.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.