|Title:||Accounts Payable Associate|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Memphis & Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Accounts Payable Associate position is located in Olive Branch, MS. This position is responsible for recording, processing, and reconciling merchandise invoices, and freight transactions. Documenting the process and maintaining appropriate supporting documentation. Ensuring the approval, accuracy, and timeliness of payments while maintaining established service levels. Reconciling vendor statements and recommending process improvements and procedures where necessary.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Reconciling vendor statements and recommending process improvements and procedures where necessary.
- Interface with vendors to address payment issues and work with internal customers to review payment documentation in accordance with company policy.
- Mitigate receiving and purchase order discrepancies. Recommend corrective action to ensure compliance with proper purchase order policy and receiving procedures.
- Assist in the improvement of the accounts payable payment system to address inventory issues. Propose solutions to correct accounts payable problems/issues.
- Review and provide guidance related to company policies/procedures. Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Special projects to address Corporate Initiatives.
- Work with Inventory Accounting and Cash Management to ensure that closing duties are performed in a timely manner.
- Documenting the process and maintaining appropriate supporting documentation.
- Ensuring the approval, accuracy, and timeliness of payments while maintaining established service levels.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- At least 2-4 years Accounts Payable Experience.
- Strong PC Skills in Excel/Word.
- Ability to analyze data and produce reports to assist operations.
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Associates Degree in Accounting.
- Oracle A/P, IPMS, PKMS experience.
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com