|Title:||Merch Processor (Sewing Expeditor)|
Primary Job Function/Duties:
· Make sure repair and customer orders are produced and packed on time by the scheduled request date.
· Work in each department in the plant, making sure they are producing the correct pieces as scheduled.
· Work with Lead to make sure the right supplies and materials are available when needed.
· Find solutions to production problems working with the Lead and other departments throughout the plant to find solutions.
· Work with Customer Service to complete the aging report for their specific area and product line.
· Up to 3 years of experience in Expediting with specific experience in the upholstered furniture manufacturing environment.
· Experience in using computers for tracking and updating kit location for Customer Service department.
· Have the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements.
· Exhibit clear communication (oral and written) skills.
· Have the ability to keep accurate records.
· Have the ability to follow documented procedures and standards.
· Have excellent time-management skills, including the ability to work independently with little supervision.
Associates desiring to be considered for this position must:
1. Meet minimum job qualifications.
2. Must sign the back of the bid in the binder located in the Human Resources department.
3. Meet eligibility requirements (non-exempt associates must be in their current position for six months (6) and exempt associates for twelve (12) months before applying for a posted position).
4. Associates must be performing satisfactorily in their current position.