Forklift Operator / Warehouse Associate
|Title:||Forklift Operator / Warehouse Associate|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Forklift Driver:
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- Safely and efficiently operate material handling equipment to include Reach Lift, Order Picker, and Sit-Down
- Perform duties as assigned to include forklift put away and picking
- Must possess the ability to operate on-board computer with RF gun
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Utilize Williams-Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities, including guidance to other associates and departments
- Keep work area safe and clean according to general warehousing practices and OSHA requirements
- Perform detailed tasks with minimal errors
- Ability to achieve established productivity standards
- Self-motivated individual able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Detailed oriented with strong multi-tasking and sense of urgency
- Able to work overtime as required
- Ability to bend, reach, squat, and lift, push, or pull up to 70 lbs throughout the day
- MHE experience and WMS system experience required
- Must be able to safely operate equipment and work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and be a fast learner
- Willing to learn other functions in the warehouse
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications