|Title:||Manufacturing Specialist HR D0799 - Tufting|
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Pre-tuft both fabric and leather as needed to complete schedule requirements for upholstery.
- Apply buttons and lay pleats to predrilled holes in poly material
- Assist with upholstery duties to include but not limited to building and repair
- 1 year of tufting of fabric and leather experience
- Good attention to detail and ability to work with hands
- Experience in reading and understanding production tickets
- Ability to interpret simple upholstery instructions commonly placed in an upholstery manual
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to frequently lift frames weighing approximately 75 lbs
- Ability to stand for 8 hour periods and bend and twist as required to upholster furniture
- Ability to see patterns on fabrics and color variations
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.