|Title:||Director of Manufacturing|
The Director of Manufacturing is responsible for the overall strategy and efficient daily operations of the Sutter South upholstery manufacturing facility. The Director of Manufacturing has primary accountability for performance results in production, safety, quality, cost, customer service, and associate relations within the facility. This position oversees the management of all areas of the manufacturing facility – including Production, Warehousing, Shipping, and Facilities departments, ensuring that products are manufactured and shipped on schedule, meeting/exceeding quality standards and cost objectives. This position will build, develop, and manage a leadership team capable of carrying out operational strategies and execution excellence in a high growth environment.
- Oversee all upholstery manufacturing functions, including cutting, sewing, frame assembly and finished goods assembly to ensure efficient, reliable and cost-effective achievement of performance goals.
- Develop and implement strategic, long, and short-term plans. Establishes processes and procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to customer and quality standards.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Responsible for On Time Shipment of Customer Orders and Schedule Completion.
- Drives operational process and inventory control procedures, including cycle counting, to maintain accurate inventory levels
- Responsible for inventory counts and WIP review to identify problems and ensure items are moving in a timely and accurate fashion
- Partners with P&IC to ensure capacity loaded schedules are set and ensure completion.
Drives a culture that emphasizes workplace safety, a People First environment, open communication, empowerment, and recognition.
Partner with Human Resources to deploy leadership development opportunities, driving performance management, building a diverse workforce, and introduction of change management concepts to build an engaged and high performing workforce.
Approve annual manufacturing budget recommendations. Holds primary accountability for the achievement of budget goals within manufacturing facility.
Partners with R&D to ensure successful launch of all new products into production that are manufacturable and cost effective.
Responsible for working with the GOM of Manufacturing to aggressively attack variances in the plant and develop actions to reduce or eliminate manufacturing variances in raw materials, fabric consumption, labor and overhead.
Supporting cost accounting with managerial reports on waste, cost per piece, labor cost per piece, materials, and controllable overhead to better understand the profitability of each collections we build and sell.
Manage manufacturing and office staff to ensure optimal work flow through training and cross-training of staff
Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering or related field preferred.
- 10 years successful experience leading a medium to large Upholstery manufacturing organization.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Proficient use of MS Office products, and MRP system. Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamix AX a plus.
- Demonstrated success in the management of people and very strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities; problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.