|Title:||Accounting Associate II|
|Location:||Olive Branch, MS|
Olive Branch, MS Distribution Center
Accounting Associate II
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
The Accounting Associate II is responsible for processing and tracking expenses for a segment of the global supply chain. Among their responsibilities, the Accounting Associate II will run daily invoice processing/tracking, reconciliation and process improvement.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop a thorough understanding of the distribution operations and work directly with internal and external partners to assure timely auditing, coding,
and payment of DC invoices
• Process accounts payable invoices and reconcile vendor accounts
• Assist in the reconciliation operational expenses
• Respond to remittance and research requests from Vendors and Operators
• Process and analyze rate adjustments from invoices submitted by vendors
• Process all cost allocations to the invoice level for invoice approvers
• Assist in month-end research as-needed
• Special projects as assigned
• 3+ years’ experience in an accounting/finance role or three years of completed education towards bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a business major
• Must be detailed oriented, well organized, and demonstrate excellent follow-through skills
• Ability to handle high volume workload in a deadline-oriented environment
• Strong written / verbal communication
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong PC skills
• Ability to analyze data and produce reports to assist operations
• Bachelors or equivalent years of experience
• Prior experience in Supply Chain industry
• Experience with Lawson accounting software
• Knowledge of large corporate accounting programs