|Title:||Facility Operations Manager|
|Location:||South Brunswick, NJ|
About Williams Sonoma DC - Olive Branch
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
The Facilities Manager oversees the day to day activities of the maintenance organization and ensures equipment availability always exceeds expectations as it pertains to material handling and facility related equipment. This role sets expectations and goals of the group and on an individual basis; makes necessary purchases and monitors the service contract business; makes sure budget compliance occurs and we get the lowest possible price for all goods and services purchased. The Facilities Manager provides trouble-shooting techniques and participates on the floor in addressing equipment issues; makes sound decisions as it pertains to equipment related malfunctions and provides direction to team when needed. This role also provides input on capital expense projects and provides input on various system changes; communicates and follows-up with various operation managers; oversees safety programs established and ensures proper training and techniques are used; resolve and handle all employee related issues.
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because....
- Manage the maintenance team to ensure equipment availability on all material handling and facility related equipment. This can only be accomplished through your daily involvement on the floor and a thorough and comprehensive PM program.
- Manage the maintenance team to ensure equipment availability on all production sewing machines, Eton conveyors, Heat tunnels, and Gerber automated cutting equipment related to furniture upholstery business. Insures 99.9% uptime on all production equipment.
- Plan, design, budget and facilitate projects related to furniture upholstery business.
- Manage and monitor the budget to ensure compliance in all areas. Eliminate the use of outside services as often as possible. Ensure we are getting the competitive price on all goods and services purchased.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work environment through prevention, safety education and awareness, problem correction, improved employee training, and communication to all levels.
- Development of your team’s technical skills and your own personal technical skills is required. With the workplace and technology-changing daily, updating your skill set is needed. Break this down for your team on an individual basis providing feedback, setting expectations, and providing follow-up for each.
- Provide written documentation on all maintenance activities to include system malfunctions, weekly timesheets, dollars spent on supplies, inventory accuracy, projects plan and results, and projects planned.
- Responsible for ensuring continued compliance with all local, state and federal health, safety and employment laws and regulations.
- Works harmoniously and cooperatively with peers and subordinates.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- 5-7 years of experience in an industrial maintenance environment
- 5-7 years supervisory/management experience in an industrial maintenance environment or in distribution
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge including hands-on experience (pneumatics, hydraulics, and conveying equipment)
- Operation & Maintenance in CNC Routers, Shrink Tunnel, Gerber Single Ply and Cutting Machines. ETON overhead inventory handling equipment.
- Computer literate to include Excel, Power-Point, Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- PLC understanding and knowledge specifically Siemens and Allen-Bradley
- Understanding of power distribution requirements
- Able to read blueprints, diagrams, and latter logic
- Must be a strong team leader and able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.