|Title:||Conveyor Tech (2nd Shift)|
Maintains and repairs equipment to promote maximum uptime, operational efficiency, and long-term upkeep of the Manufacturing Facilities for Sutter Street Mfg. Major responsibilities of this position include: wiring work, welding, repairing, troubleshooting, and plumbing etc. to maintain and repair electrical motors, conveyor systems, sorting systems, and other mechanical and electrical systems. Duties require one to be on their feet for several hours at a time addressing mechanical and electrical repairs throughout the facility. Required skills for the position include mechanical, electrical, and welding abilities.
- Maintain and repair conveyor system as needed. (Includes belts, electric motors, rollers, electronic controls, etc.)
- Maintain and repair sorter systems as needed. (Includes laser scanners, computer and electronics, electric motors and gears, etc.)
- Maintain conveyor, understand flow of system, start, stop, and un-jam. Check zones, belt tracking, and oilier, minor repairs, PMs with assistance.
- Maintain, repair and upgrade Distribution Center facilities such as office fixtures, painting, plumbing, racking and other structural improvements to the building.
- Maintain building lighting, able to change out lights. Basic troubleshooting of lights, displays and wiring.
- High School diploma or equivalent is strongly recommended
- Knowledge of general warehouse practices
- 3-5 years working as a maintenance technician in a similar environment
- Ability to read technical manuals related to sorter and conveyor systems, lift trucks and forklift systems and other equipment in the facility
- Knowledge of PLC a plus
- PC competency, use the basics of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiar with the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Maintenance and repair experience with 3 phase 480 VAC wiring, DC/AC motor controls preferred.
- Maintenance and repair experience with material handling systems and programmable controllers preferred.
- Maintenance and repair experience with electronic controls as well as electric motors of various sizes preferred
- Maintenance and repair experience with sorter systems including laser scanners and electronic controls
- Ability to read schematics and drawings of the distribution center
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide to calculate sums, proportions, percentages as well as ratios
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems on malfunctioning equipment and to prioritize work orders and answer questions related to those projects
- Ability to reach upwards, downwards and sideways to work with small parts in equipment
- Ability to bend, crouch, twist, crawl as needed to access and repair equipment
- Ability to walk and stand on feet for several hours at a time
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders to access equipment
- Ability to manipulate hand, electrical, hydraulic and other tools as needed
- Ability to work closely to moving machinery and parts without incurring physical injury
- Ability to lift parts and tools weighing on average 25 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds