Williams-Sonoma, Inc. - Company Overview
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Visually inspect sewn covers to check for defects or inconsistencies and stage as instructed for make ready.
- Assure that cutters have separated sewing work correctly for each sewing operation.
- Inspect covers after zipper and border are sewn to assure the sewing is correct.
- Assure that border has been pulled correctly.
- Turn cushion and inspect it before putting sewing pack together.
- Inspect product using established standards, as outlined in job description.
- Stage all sewn covers for the Make Ready area in Upholstery.
- Scan bundle for kit update and location of kit in manufacturing process.
- Up to 3 years experience in Quality Control area with specific experience in upholstered furniture manufacturing environment.
- Computer experience for tracking and updating kit location for customer service department.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to read, interpret and understand English
- Ability to keep accurate records and to follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills, including ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to frequently lift objects weighing 50 lbs or more
- Ability to bend over and pick cover at floor level
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not accepting referrals from third party recruiting agencies for this position.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.