Upholstery: Main Line Insider/Seat Builder
|Title:||Upholstery: Main Line Insider/Seat Builder|
Build furniture up with loose fiber stuffing , cotton, felt, and/or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces.
- Upholsterer will pull, lift and place the next frame in line weighing approximately 50-75 lbs onto the work station in order to build up.
- Conduct Initial inspection of frame and materials to assure all pieces match the ticket on piece, including cushions and backs.
- While building up the piece, assure the fabric has no lumps, holes or cat tracks. Also ensure that grain runs straight.
- Fit cushions to the in-back and in-arm making sure there is no gap between cushions.
- Assure that seams are straight, even and not gapped open and all welts are straight and even.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years experience in production of upper-end upholstered furniture manufacturing environment.
- Good attention to detail and ability to work with hands
- Experience in reading and understanding production tickets
- Ability to interpret simple instructions commonly placed in a production manual
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
- Excellent time-management skills including ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to frequently lift frames weighing 50 -75lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for 10 hour periods and bend and twist at waist and knees as required to upholster furniture
- Ability to see patterns on fabrics and color variations