|Title:||Director Operations Support - DC|
|Shift::||Monday - Friday|
About Williams Sonoma - Tracy, CA
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams - Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, CA into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams – Sonoma. Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization could be just the place for you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc Supply Chain Overview
In 2021, recognized as a Great Place to Work®, an honor which reflects that we are truly a people-first organization. Our operation includes:
- 3300 full-time associates across Supply Chain
- 9 large Furniture Distribution Centers located in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, and Newark totaling 7.5 million square feet
- 38 delivery hubs in cities larger than 750,000 in population
- 3 small package ecommerce Distribution Centers located in Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS totaling 3 million sq ft, consisting of 1200 full-time associates and 5000 seasonal/temporary associates
- 4 Sutter Street Upholstery Factories located in North Carolina, Mississippi, and California with over 1,400 FTE’s producing approximately $900 million to $1 Billion in sales of Upholstered furniture
- Transportation Department for Ocean, Air, Trucking and Rail consisting of over 45 transportation professionals located in Memphis, TN
- 700 associates in our Sourcing offices in 10 countries in Asia and Europe including China, Vietnam, Singapore, India, Italy, and Turkey
The Director, Operations Support – DC is a seasoned leader with a track record of success in a fast-paced distribution center and supply chain environment including developing people, safety performance, managing change, and continuous improvement.
The Director, Operations Support – DC is located in Tracy, CA
You’ll be excited about this opportunity because you will
- Be responsible for the development and formulation of both long- and short-term planning, policies, programs and objectives for the distribution centers.
- Develop the operating plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure that products and service meets customer and quality standards.
- Review performance against operating plans and standards; provide reports on the interpretation of results and approve changes in direction of plans.
- Formulate and recommend policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the distribution facility.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Direct the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of production standards.
- Drive a culture that emphasizes a "People First" environment, open communication, empowerment, recognition, and workplace safety.
- Initiate and coordinate major projects (e.g. facility layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Understand profit and loss, accounting functions, and the relationship of operational activities and decisions.
- Negotiate agreements with vendors and collaboration partners.
- Partner with Human Resources to deploy leadership development opportunities, building a diverse team, and introduction of change management concepts to build an engaged workforce.
Check out some of the required qualifications we are looking for in amazing candidates….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field
- 6-8 years of management experience (10-12 in lieu of degree) with a progressive track record of increasing responsibility in distribution, logistics or manufacturing environment, including 7-10 years successfully leading a large distribution operation
- Demonstrated results and leadership qualities for managing cross-functional teams and superior motivational and effective people management skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities; problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Strong business and financial acumen, intellectual rigor, and a drive for results
- Proficient in WMS systems and how they relate to inventory control and accuracy
- Demonstrated success in the management of third-party providers in the areas of warehouse operations, value added services, and transportation
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly striving to be best-in-class
We prefer some of these qualities as well….
- Master’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain, or related field
- Previous Supply Chain Logistics, Transportation, or Engineering experience
- Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing expertise
- A wide range of logistics experience which may include start-ups, business turnarounds, expansion, new technologies, and equipment additions
- Change management including products and process
- Experience with the implementation and execution of final mile home delivery solutions. Specifically, the preparation and delivery of high-quality furniture to a customer's home and/or to retail locations.
- Ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must – an expert in Microsoft Excel essential
Our company benefits are second to none in the industry….
- Generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brand products
- 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, Employee Assistance Programs, Time Off to Volunteer & Matching Gifts Community Service Program
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits, Legal and Identity Protection Plans and Pet Insurance
- For more information on our benefits offerings, please visit MyWSIBenefits.com