|Location:||South Brunswick, NJ|
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading and developing their own team of Williams-Sonoma Associates with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching. This individual is accountable for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. The person in this role will need to be able to show strong leadership, the ability to address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team with the tools needed for success. The Operations Manager will ensure that daily departmental goals are met using a People First philosophy to achieve established objectives in Safety, Service, Quality, and Cost.
- Oversight of all yard management functions.
- Rental trailer pool management including billing, repair, allocation, and inventory.
- Offsite yard management to ensure no aging of back order, international drop ship, or transload containers.
- Management of 3pl yard switcher operations including schedules, invoices, and
- Coordinate daily delivery priorities from offsite and/or port and partner with security to ensure most productive placement of trailers and accuracy of what is arriving/departing.
- 4-year Bachelors degree or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Exposure to furniture distribution and/or big box distribution is a plus.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt and change processes to keep pace with the evolving business requirements.
- Strong technical skills included but not limited to Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and WMS systems. Must be able to learn multiple concepts quickly and multitask on a regular basis.