Arlington, TX Distribution Center
Customer Service Operations Manager
1st Shift – Monday thru Friday
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for leading and developing their own team of Williams-Sonoma Associates with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching. This individual is accountable for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. The Customer Service Manager will manage the third-party relationship with the delivery provider and all performance metrics of the operation and will be responsible for staffing, purchasing, auditing, and cost/general ledger accountability and productivity of the call center. The person in this role will need to be able to show strong leadership, the ability to address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team with the tools needed for success. The Operations Manager will ensure that daily departmental goals are met using a People First philosophy to achieve established objectives in Safety, Service, Quality, and Cost.
Lead, guide and direct hourly associates to meet or exceed operational goals, as well as monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling, and development; and use Key Performance Indicators to make ongoing improvements and enhancements
Accountable for maintaining integrity for on-time shipments, people utilization, damages; provide periodic reports to multiple tiers within the organization, ensuring accurate communication
Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
Directing and ensuring top service for internal/external customers
Developing performance goals and objectives to ensure accuracy, quality and customer expectations are met
Maintain health and safety standards within the customer service area and promote a positive health and safety culture onsite
Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily, weekly, monthly, and peak season labor schedules
Achieving financial plans and budget objectives
Drive continuous improvement and customer service
Keep work area safe, organized and clean according to general office practices and OSHA requirements daily
Utilize Williams-Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities while maintaining required accuracy percentages, metrics, and quality standards
Other duties as deemed necessary
- A High School Diploma/GED
- A Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of relevant customer service management/leadership experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (written or verbal), with excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Must be highly organized and process oriented
- Ability to complete multiple tasks consistently and on time
- Customer Service/Warehouse Management Information System experience
- Ability to adapt and change processes to keep pace with the evolving business requirements
- Strong technical skills included but not limited to Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field is strongly preferred
- 6+ years of management experience in a customer service, production, or distribution environment
- Exposure to furniture distribution and/or big box distribution is a plus
- Solid understanding of Safety and OSHA standards
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to successfully respond to urgent situations.
- Six Sigma/lean experience preferably in a distribution/warehouse environment
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Company Overview:
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.