Arlington, TX Distribution Center
Warehouse Lead Position Available! Direct Hire!
Shift Hours: Tuesday-Friday 5am-1:30pm & Saturday 4am-12:30pm
***Ideal candidates for the position will have stable work history and experience working in a warehouse environment***
Our full-time associates enjoy the following benefits:
Full Health Benefits
Casual Dress Environment
40% discount on most merchandise
Complimentary Onsite Fitness Center
Fun contests / reward and recognition programs
The Hub Ops Lead provides support to Operations Manager/AGM/Director with leading, guiding and directing associates with minimal supervision, while ensuring that daily departmental goals are met through the Williams-Sonoma objectives in Safety, Service, Quality and Cost.
Run and scrub various reports to keep consistent inventory flow for the day-to-day operations
Collaborate with other departments and facilities via email or phone communication
Train, direct, and lead a team of associates to achieve operational goals
Work cooperatively with internal and external business partners and customers in accordance with the Company’s mission, vision, and values
Help maintain a clean and safe work environment by communicating safety topics, conducting audits, and promoting awareness in all tasks
Track productivity, coordinate team assignments and prioritize/control the workflow through floor presence to ensure that deadlines are met
Assist in leading daily start-up meetings, help communicate daily/weekly/goals, and share successes, opportunities for improvement and best practices with the team
Share business information with teammates through floor presence, suggest improvements to current techniques
Works cooperatively and harmoniously with supervisor, co-workers, and others
Establish and promote hard work ethics through teamwork and collaboration with associates
Research and resolve issues, provide feedback on productivity and quality related performance to teammates, peers, and manager by using departmental resources
Assist Manager with planning and implementation or departmental standards and goals
Safely and efficiently operate material handling tools and equipment
Keep work area safe, organized and clean according to general warehousing practices and OSHA requirements daily
Utilize Williams-Sonoma’s Mission, Vision, and Values to govern daily activities while maintaining required accuracy percentages, productivity (if required), and quality standards
Other duties as deemed necessary
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent attendance and willingness to be part of a team – performing whatever duties are necessary
- Job requires continuous physical exertion – walking, bending, lifting, standing, climbing – must be able to lift 65 pounds minimum with or without accommodation
- 1 year of experience in distribution, manufacturing or retail environment. In lieu of distribution, manufacturing or retail environment experience, 5 years of progressive work experience
- 6 months previous forklift driving experience
- 12 months experience with warehouse management systems (CCUI, SanFran, etc.)
- Excellent PKMS (or equivalent WMS) knowledge including hand held, truck mount and desktop
- MS Office Proficient: Outlook, Word, and Excel – Advanced Skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Strong decision making, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, be a team player, and possess research skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner
- Flexible to work overtime as required
- College or certificate in logistics, distribution or manufacturing
- 2 years of supervisory experience in distribution or manufacturing environment
- 1-year previous forklift driving experience
- Bilingual is a plus – English/Spanish
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Company Overview:
Since it was founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma has grown from Chuck Williams’ single store in Sonoma, California, into one of the largest retailers in the country, with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings, including Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and west elm. That growth continues today. Our Global Supply Chain organization is the backbone of our company and key to its success.
Our Distribution Centers serve as vital connections between factories and our retail, online and mail-order customers around the world. The Supply Chain environment is dynamic and fast-paced, and the network is expanding rapidly. If you have a background in distribution, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, finance, human resources or home delivery – and are looking for a job with a strong opportunity for gaining new skills and for advancement – our Supply Chain Organization is just the place for you.
We employ thousands in our regional distribution operations and in our over 600 retail stores, customer care centers and corporate headquarters. That’s why we work hard to support the community, including the institutions that are important to our employees, such as St. Jude Childrens’ Research Hospital which we proudly support in its mission to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.