|Title:||Merch Processor (Stager)|
Prepares upholstery build kit to include the sprung up frame, sewn cover, filled cushions and backs, filler materials and all other supplies required to build a piece of furniture in the upholstery trim area.
· Organize all materials and puts components in place in order for the upholstery department to build up the piece.
· Pushes build kit to the staging area on the floor to in order for upholsterer to take to the work station.
· Checks for accuracy and ensures all pieces of kit are from the same ticket.
· Tracks kits and tickets to ensure pieces are with the correct furniture frame.
· Checks on supplies needed from outside vendors by consistently checking inventory levels of materials in the department.
· 1- 3 years experience in make ready or set-up area of an upholstered furniture manufacturing environment preferred
· Experience using computers for tracking and updating kit location for customer service
· Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
· Good communication – both oral and written
· Ability to keep accurate records and follow documented procedures and standards
· Excellent time-keeping skills, including ability to work independently with little supervision
· Ability to communicate with upholsterers and trimmers on issues related to
· Ability to frequently lift objects weighing 75 lbs or more
· Ability to bend and twist as required in moving furniture
· Ability to push finished furniture across the floor