|Title:||Supply Chain Rotational Leadership Development Program|
Rotational Leadership Development Program (RLDP)
This is an intensive three year training program designed to offer a broad understanding of the supply chain process and allows the Rotational Leadership Participant to develop the business knowledge, skills and attributes needed for placement into future leadership positions within Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
This program will allow three 12 month rotational assignments between any of the six identified business units (Distribution, Engineering, Transportation, Care Centers, Sourcing or Manufacturing). The rotation assignments will be devised to align with the participant’s goals and development focus. Locations may vary and the ability to relocate may be required based on business needs and the participant’s capabilities and interests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Engineering rotation covers:
- Monitor projects and assist with (planning, budgets, vendor management, etc.)
- Assist with the bidding and contract process for various capital projects
- Assist with building systems and process improvement initiatives
- Review and understand the Ocean, Transload and Port Operations QV dashboards that are utilized to
- track key metrics and operational processes
- Train on GT Nexus visibility portal and be able to use proficiently to process shipment or data inquiries for brands
- •Gain exposure to Supply Chain Guru modeling tool and how the Network Team utilizes
Manufacturing rotation covers:
- Gain knowledge of the furniture manufacturing process from development to shipping
- Obtain measurable results in the areas of safety, quality and productivity
- Active involvement in issues concerning quality and productivity improvement
Operations Management rotation covers:
- Train, direct and lead a team of associates to achieve departmental and division production goals.
- Research and resolve productivity and through-put opportunities using PKMS (warehouse management system).
- Solicit input from team members on the effectiveness of department operations and regarding opportunities to maximize performance as measured by key performance metrics.
Transportation rotation covers:
- Assist with daily execution of parcel UPS retail store replenishment, DTC UPS fulfillment,
- planning and coordination of floorsets and execution of outlet transportation and yard operations
- Assist with daily execution of domestic vendor inbound execution/optimization and administration
- Assist with the administration of freight claims and DOT compliance for private fleet operations
- Assist with reverse logistics and logistics support for customer care center resolution
- Work with Transload / Port Operations Manager to learn processes and tools, and take-over execution and decision making for one month
- Participate in weekly forwarder calls and forwarder/carrier carrier reviews to gain exposure to provider key metrics
- Work with International Manager to learn origin shipping processes and exception mgmt, and have ultimate decision making responsibility for one month
- •Interact with corporate buyers and sourcing on origin shipping questions and decisions
- •Participate in any carrier RFP’s to learn process
Sourcing rotation covers:
- Manage the sourcing processes and procedures in the assigned categories to successfully execute and deliver WSI products on time
- Manage vendor and country database and all departmental reports for monitoring performance, (cost savings, vendor performance, and product lead times).
- Evaluate and monitor the performance of the supplier base in the assigned categories
Care Center rotation covers:
- Assist with converting customer contacts into sales.
- •Resolve customer complaints.
- •Resolve and track merchandise, system and policy issues.
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of leadership experience in distribution or manufacturing environment, or successful completion of MIT program.
- 3 years of experience working with MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Explorer.
- 4 years of analytical and problem solving experience.
- 2 years of experience communicating to middle and executive level management.
- 2 years of experience working with a warehouse management systems.
- Masters degree with a concentration in Business, Logistics, Transportation, Engineering, Manufacturing or Sourcing.
- 1 year implementation experience with Lean Manufacturing and 5S methodologies.
- 1 year of experience writing standard operating procedures, aimed at simplifying the manufacturing and training processes.
- 3 years of experience working with MS Access.