The Transportation Manager role is responsible for managing $65 million annually in transportation costs in support of 6 distribution centers and over 700 domestic vendors. Additional responsibilities include: management of approximately 60 contracted carriers, 7 non-exempt Transportation Coordinator and 1 exempt planner/lead. Transportation Management System administration, carrier compliance, DOT compliance, annual bids and RFP's. Heavy analysis of large amount of data is required.
- Oversee all transportation activities associated with Williams-Sonoma, Inc.'s furniture line-haul into our furniture delivery hubs.
- Oversee all transportation activities associated with domestic vendor inbound into all Williams-Sonoma DC's
- Heavy emphasis on contract administration and negotiation, issuing RFP's, network analysis and project management
- Provide leadership, growth and development to a staff of 7 logistics coordinators and 1 transportation lead.
- Develop annual furniture line-haul and inbound budget.
- Drive cost and process improvement initiative
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or Engineering
- Leadership experience in a transportation, distribution or supply chain role
- Demonstrated ability to organize and lead projects to closure
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills along with the ability to work independently
- Proficient in analysis tools such as MS Office, QlikView, or other business intelligence tools.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Analytical, Technical, and Presentation skills
- Previous managerial experience preferred
- Experience negotiating and administering LTL, IM and TL contracts
- Previous experience with network design, logistics engineering, and TMS (Transportation Management Systems)
- Graduate Degree Preferred
- Ability to code reports using QlikView or similar applications